- Donnie Walsh is out in Indiana and reportedly headed to the Knicks, ending the speculation that Herb Kohl might make a run at the long-time Pacer CEO.
- Gery Woelfel has a must-read overview of potential GM candidates. Most of the names won't be familiar to the casual fan, which raises the secondary question of whether some of the lesser-known candidates would have the autonomy to rebuild the Bucks as they see fit--one of the main reasons why Walsh was such an attractive candidate. While a number of the candidates look good on paper, it's difficult to say much without knowing their real role with their current team. If I had to pick one guy who's intriguing, it might be Pistons VP of Basketball Operations John Hammond:
As the vice president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons, Hammond has served as Joe Dumars’ right-hand man.
Hammond, a native of Zion, Ill., is in his seventh year with the Pistons and is highly-regarded in NBA circles.
Hammond has been courted by some teams in recent years for their GM position, but decided to remain with the Pistons primarily because of his loyalty to Dumars.
- Check out Round 9 of the MVP/ROY Blogger Rankings at Hornets247. LeBron James is no longer on top in the MVP race, and there are ties in both the MVP and ROY races. Rather interesting. Here's the ballot Alex submitted:
MVP: 1. LeBron James 2. Chris Paul 3. Kobe Bryant 4.Kevin Garnett 5. Tim Duncan 6. Dirk Nowitzki 7. Steve Nash 8. Deron Williams 9. Amare Stoudemire 10. Allen Iverson
ROY: 1. Kevin Durant 2. Al Horford 3. Luis Scola 4. Carl Landry 5. Thaddeus Young
- Best wishes to Bucks equipment manager Dwayne Wilson, who Woelfel reports is back out of the hospital after suffering a stroke.
- We also send our condolences to Desmond Mason and his wife Andrea, whose brother Kirk recently passed away.