Joel, who owns a house in Door County, was at the YMCA in Sturgeon Bay today playing noon basketball. A few things he had to say while predictably dominating everyone in the gym:
- Claimed he has had 6 knee injuries and is still not committed to a comeback this season.
- Wants to wait until after the All-Star break (or even the start of next season) to sign with a team due to the compressed schedule and excess of back-to-back games.
- Confirmed that the Heat are very interested with him.
- Yes, he knows the Bucks need a backup center...but he sounded very noncommittal to signing with Milwaukee (can't blame him considering our start).
- Let it be known that he was very out of shape; could tell he was rusty.
-Hasn't played basketball in 8 months (!).
Might be an irrelevant storyline to follow due to the Bucks' struggles, but I thought I would pass it along anyways.