The NBA released the official 2012-2013 season schedule today, giving us our first look at the path the Milwaukee Bucks will tread on their quest for the playoffs. To paraphrase the piercing words of Mr. ZV, the Bucks play 82 games (aha, this one would've gotten you last year!). They play a lot of games against their divisional opponents, a few more against the Eastern Conference, and a few less against the Western Conference. They have a bunch of road games here, a bunch of home games there. Sometimes things will be hard, other times not so hard. But we need more to talk about, so here are some specific things that you can think about briefly!
- The Bucks, along with seven other teams, will play in 22 back-to-backs this season. That's the most in the league.
- Milwaukee opens on the road (again) in Boston (where the final game of last season took place), then hosts Cleveland in the home opener one day later.
- By my count, the Bucks play four games in five nights on four separate occasions.
- Milwaukee has two four-game road trips: In mid-January they play the Raptors, Lakers, Suns, and Blazers, while April has them facing the Heat, Magic, Hawks, and Bobcats.
- A four-game homestand in late March will bring the Lakers, Thunder, Bobcats, and Timberwolves to Milwaukee.
- Andrew Bogut makes his return to the Bradley Center on January 26th.