Silver has hinted that the NBA is going to undergo "serious changes" over the course of the next 3-5 seasons. So if you were Adam Silver, what would you do if you had his power?
1) Extend the season to 87 games. 30 teams in the league, you play every team 3 times every season. (29*3=87).
2) Top 16 teams are in the playoffs seeded 1-16.
3) Playoff format changed into a 3-5-5-5 format. (currently 7-7-7-7)
4) The 14 teams that miss the playoffs all have an equal chance of getting the #1 pick, and EVERY SINGLE PICK IS SELECTED LOTTERY STYLE. Each team would have roughly a 7.14% chance to make the playoffs. This would lead to a more competitive brand of basketball, no reason to tank down to 15-20 wins.
5) Extend the draft to 5 rounds.
6) Assign a D-League team for every single NBA team. Resulting in a farm system for Basketball.
7) Remove the 1 and done rule, but require any High School player to pass multiple tests before being able to enter the NBA Draft. Such as character tests, IQ tests, all the things you do in the combine, but require a set standard.
Those are all the changes I would make if I were Adam Silver.
That is a list of everything I would do, what would all of you consider if you were in Adam Silvers shoes?