This past week has certainly been exciting and put the Bucks in the headlines, something that seemingly last happened when Nixon was president and the Bucks were annual favorites to win the NBA title. Jabari Parker, currently the best player drafted, is happy to be in Milwaukee. While I'm just as excited as anyone about this, the Bucks need guards and came out of this draft will all forwards. There was talk about trading down for multiple picks. It didn't happen. Phoenix had 3 first round picks and interest in Ersan Ilyasova. It didn't happen. The Bucks needed to load up with guards with their 3 second round picks. It didn't happen. So the hiring of the fiery Jason Kidd could reverse the conservative tendencies in the front office and also motivate the enigmatic players on this team. Some of us have said wait until July but I really don't see anything big happening with our roster almost full and the players available to us in free agency. I will list the few possibilities we have for a point guard as well as those already is in place.
1. Jeremy Lin. For Ersan Ilyasova. Discussed many times, some think we could get more, I think Houston would want more, so I'll just leave it even up. Lin had a lot of competition in Houston with Beverly and Brooks so his numbers were down a bit. He could thrive in Milwaukee being the main man.
2. Ramon Sessions. Re sign and continue what was started last year. Played well and had people worrying about winning too many games. Then, the schedule got tough and Drew botched some rotations and everything was cool. Just don't overspend here.
3. Kirk Hinrich. Unrestricted free agent. Yet another combo guard but a dependable, safe acquisition.
4. Jordan Crawford. Unrestricted free agent. Another combo guard who would be a risk. But think of him and Knight combining for 60 plus points on good nights.
6. Brandon Knight. Move him back to the point and sign or trade for a shooting guard.
So, which do you like most, least? Or post some of your own.