Clippers (16-32, 7-17 road, 12th West) @ Bucks (19-32, 13-9 home, 12th East)
Bucks Stats: Offense 20th (101.0 pts /100 poss), Defense 28th (107.8), Pace 23rd (92.7), Rebounding 19th (.499 rr)
Clips Stats: Offense 27th (98.6), Defense 17th (103.7), Pace 11th (95.2), Rebounding 27th (.480 rr)
Bucks Injuries: Mo Williams missed the Knicks game with the flu. Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons and Yi Jianlian all returned to action on Saturday after missing the previous game(s). Ramon Sessions has a broken left hand and is out six weeks.
Clips Injuries: Tim Thomas is day-to-day with a sore lower back.
07/08 Series: Bucks 1-0. The Bucks registered a rare road win in December, downing the Clips 87-78 at Staples. Bogut (19/12 on 8/10 fg) outdueled Kaman (14/11 on 6/14 fg) while Redd chipped in 25/8.
- The Bucks' biggest strength continues to be their location in the East, as they remain just three games out of the final playoff spot despite losing a heartbreaking 99-98 decision on Saturday to the Knicks at home (Brew Hoop recap).
- The Clips are coming off a 101-80 loss in Philly, as a combined 45 from Corey Maggette and Cuttino Mobley was offset by just 4 points from Clipper MVP Chris Kaman. Kaman continues to average 16.7 pph, 13.6 rpg and 3.0 bpg.
- Corey Maggette has been hot in 2008, averaging 24.6 ppg on 56.5% shooting in 15 games this calendar year.
- Rookie Al Thornton had an 18/10 night filling in for Tim Thomas on Saturday, and has also turned it on since 2007 came to a close. After averaging less than 20 mpg in November and December, Thornton is averaging 14.2 ppg and 6 rpg in six games this month and averaged 13.2 ppg last month. However, he's also shooting just 36% this month.
- No shortage of Milwaukee connections in Clipper land. Aside from former Bucks coach/GM Mike Dunleavy, the Clippers roster boasts former Bucks Sam Cassell, Tim Thomas, Aaron Williams, and Brevin Knight. Too bad Ruben Patterson was released by the Clips a couple months ago. Clips Nation with a fun fact:
Cassell spent four very successful seasons in Milwaukee, and Thomas was there for parts of six seasons. Of course you all knew that. But did you know that Aaron Williams played 15 games there in 94-95, and Brevin Knight played 21 games for the Bucks in 03-04? Cat Mobley is the only Clipper over 30 NOT to have played for the Bucks.
- Head over to Clips Nation and Clipper Blog for all the latest on the Clippers. Steve from Clips Nation also has a brief interview we did about the Bucks.