Magic (46-27, 23-13 road, 3rd East) @ Bucks (24-46, 18-17 home, 13th East)
Bucks Stats: Offense 21st (102.3 pts/100 poss), Defense 30th (109.4), Rebounding 15th (.504 rr), Pace 21st (93.2)
Magic Stats: Offense 5th (109.0 pts/100 poss), Defense 11th (103.5), Rebounding 10th (.506 rr), Pace 10th (95.7)
Bucks Injuries: Andrew Bogut is out with a broken nose. Charlie Bell is out at least two weeks with a sprained MCL.
Magic Injuries: Hedo Turkoglu left the team's game on March 25 with a sprained right wrist. Jameer Nelson left the team's game on March 25 with a bruised jaw. Tony Battie is out with a left rotator cuff tear.
UPDATE: Ben at Third Quarter Collapse notes in his preview that Nelson is out tonight while Turkoglu is expected to play. Thanks for the info, Ben.
- The Bucks will re-dedicate Oscar Robertson's #1 jersey at halftime of tonight's game in addition to honoring the 40th Anniversary Team. Ten of the greatest former Bucks are expected to be at the Bradley Center for the festivities.
The following 10 former Bucks are scheduled to attend Friday’s game vs. the Orlando Magic: Vin Baker, Junior Bridgeman, Terry Cummings, Bob Dandridge, Marques Johnson, Jon McGlocklin, Ricky Pierce, Oscar Robertson, Glenn Robinson, and Brian Winters. Current Buck Michael Redd was also selected to the 40th Anniversary Team and will take part in the halftime ceremony.
Former Bucks Ray Allen and Sam Cassell – both of whom were selected to the team but are unable to attend due to an NBA game with their current team – taped video messages for fans that will be shown during the second quarter.
- Andrew Bogut produced 27 points, nine rebounds, four assists, three steals, and one great post-free throw video clip on Wednesday against the Hawks. It was another strong game for Bogut, who has been one of the lone bright spots in March, averaging 15.7 points, 11.4 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks. However, matching up against the Magic could prove frustrating for Bogut. In his nine-game career against the Magic, he's averaging 5.9 points, the lowest total against any team. He's also shooting 38.7 % from the field, 55.6 % from the line, and is averaging 0.4 blocks in his career against the Magic. UPDATE: Charles Gardner reports Bogut underwent nose surgery after Marvin Williams inadvertently broke it on Wednesday. He'll miss tonight's game and will be listed day-to-day starting Saturday.
- The Magic are coming off a 107-97 loss to the Spurs on Wednesday. Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis scored 24 points each, but Hedo Turkoglu (wrist) and Jameer Nelson (jaw) both left the game with injuries, a big reason why starters Turkolgu, Nelson, and Evans combined for only seven points. Manu Ginobili led all scorers with 28 points off the bench.
- The Magic are remarkably consistent at home and on the road. They are actually slightly better on the road, at 23-13, than at home, where they are 23-14. Only the Celtics (26) and Lakers (25) have more road wins than the Magic.
- The Bucks are coming off a 115-96 loss to the Hawks on Wednesday. It was the fifth time this month they had allowed at least 110 points. The Bucks have lost eight of their past nine, and have just two March wins with two games remaining this month.
- Since he easily averages one, it's no surprise that Dwight Howard ties for the lead in the NBA with nine double-doubles in his last ten games. Andrew Bogut meanwhile has six double-doubles in his last ten games. Mo Williams and Charlie Villanueva are next for the Bucks, with two double-doubles in the last ten.
- After scoring in double figures 15 times in the first two months, Yi Jianlian has scored at least 10 points just twice in the last two months. Since returning from injury, Yi has been particulary quiet, averaging 4.0 points in the past four games. He also hasn't made a free throw and has only one assist in the last four. With the legends in the building, tonight is a good time to break out of the slump.
- Check out Third Quarter Collapse for more on the Magic.