Bucks (26-51, 7-31 road, 13th East) @ Raptors (38-39, 22-16 home, 7th East)
Bucks Stats: Offense 21st (102.3 pts/100 poss), Defense 29th (109.3), Rebounding 12th (.506 rr), Pace 17th (93.7)
Raptors Stats: Offense 10th (107.7 pts/100 poss), Defense 14th (104.7), Rebounding 22nd(.491 rr), Pace 25th (92.5)
Bucks Injuries: Mo Williams has missed the last two games with a recurrence of his abdominal/groin injury. Yi Jianlian is out for the season with a sprained MCL. Charlie Bell is out with a right knee sprain. Jake Voskuhl is day-to-day with a sore ankle.
Raptors Injuries: Jorge Garbajosa has been out all season with a broken leg.
- Battling for playoff position, the Raps have lost three straight, the latest a 99-90 decision in New Jersey on Saturday. Rasho Nesterovic surprisingly led the way with 22 points and 14 boards, while Chris Bosh chipped in 18/10 and six assists.
- The Bucks have similarly lost three in a row, the latest coming last night in the form of a 107-104 OT setback at home to the Celtics. Mike Redd led the way with 25 points, while Andrew Bogut had 15 points, 15 boards, four blocks, five assists and, gulp, 10 turnovers.
- T.J. Ford has been reinserted into the Toronto starting lineup with the blessing of teammate Jose Calderon, but Calderon's altruism doesn't appear to be helping much in terms of wins and losses. The Raps' three most recent losses have come in spite of Ford's 14 ppg and 10 apg, while Calderon's numbers are not surprisingly off from his November through January performance. The team has every intention of re-signing Calderon this summer, but it seems unlikely they will hang onto both players in the long-term--given the questions about T.J.'s attitude, my money's on Ford being the odd man out.
- The mercurial Andrea Bargnani was held scoreless in 16 minutes in New Jersey, continuing his uneven but mostly disappointing sophomore season. Bargnani is averaging 10.2 ppg on just 39% shooting, while continuing to make a strong claim to be pound-for-pound the worst rebounder in the NBA.
- Jeff Wong at the Score has plenty more on the Raps. Also check out Dinosty and RaptorsHQ for more on tonight's opponent.