- As first reported yesterday, Tyronn Lue will be a Buck in 08/09. Charles Gardner writes that the deal will be for only one year and between $2 and $2.5 million. However, Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reported yesterday that the deal was for two years starting at the 08/09 BAE level of $1.91 million, with the second year being a player option. The more interesting question: was he signed to be a third-stringer or the backup?
- The Bucks play tonight at 9:30 CT vs. the Nuggets in Vegas. The Bucks will look to make it two in a row following their solid 73-59 win over the Pistons on Tuesday.
- The Bob Boozer Jinx ranks the top centers in the NBA by salary.
- The Bucks need a PF, so the Bratwurst is thinking big.
- Bucks Diary is paying close attention to the games in Vegas and is loving Ramon Sessions but nervous about Joe Alexander.
- Matt Kamalsky of DX saw good things from Sessions, Alexander, and Olumide Oyedeji on Tuesday. Given the Bucks' need for a PF, it will be interesting.
- Maurice Brooks and David Thorpe of ESPN break down Alexander's Vegas growing pains.
"I'm taking what's coming to me," Alexander said. "I shoot when I'm open. I want to stay calm and mentally in control. I'm trying to pick things up."
Although it has only been a couple of games, Alexander says there is a big difference between playing in college and playing in the pros.
"The guys are definitely bigger and faster," Alexander said. "Also, whenever you shoot, out of the corner of your eye you see hands. They really get to the ball. In college, if you were open, you were open."