Even Mike Redd was getting into the dunkathon (and didn't hurt himself).
- Mike Redd helped Team USA throttle Lithuania yesterday 120-84 (recap / photos). Redd scored 16 points (6/10 fg, 4/8 3fg) in just over 14 minutes, as the Americans also got 19 from Dwyane Wade and 17 from Dwight Howard. Team USA plays Russia on Sunday at 2 am CT on ESPN2.
- Australia led most of the game but couldn't fend off defending Olympic champion Argentina in the final of the FIBA Diamond Ball tournament, losing 95-91 (recap / photos). A day after his 32-point performance against Angola, Andrew Bogut saw fairly limited action and was icing down an apparent ankle injury near the end of the game. Bogut was mostly invisible in the 20 minutes he did play, taking just three shots en route to four points (1/3 fg, 2/2 ft) and two rebounds. Australia will face Team USA in a pre-Olympic exhibition game at 7 am CT on Tuesday, also on ESPN2.
- Watch the final two minutes of Australia's 81-78 win on Thursday.
- The Bob Boozer Jinx has more on the Australia and USA games.
- Green Bandwagon has a comprehensive look at the Australian roster.
- Ridiculous Upside is thinking long and hard about the Bucks' uncertain D-League situation.
- The inimitable Elie Seckbach of Fanhouse has a video interview with Redd. Among the topics: how Redd balances religion and basketball as well as his close friendship with Kobe Bryant.