- Jim Paschke was in Chicago for the draft combine and offers up some player quotes as well as John Hammond's perspective on the week.
- Gery Woelfel dished out his highlights from Chicago on WSSP the other day. Sparky thinks the Bucks are going with DeJuan Blair, Woelfel says B.J. Mullens will also be in for a workout, and everyone in the studio loves the idea of trading up for Jordan Hill. It seems like the Bucks "like" a lot of guys right now, which I'd characterize as a good thing: even if it's not true, there's no point in telegraphing what direction you're going to go in.
- DX leaked the combine measurements.
- For more from Woelfel on the combine, check out his always-a-must-read blog, chock full of stuff from the combine.
- The JS has been doing profiles of many of the prospects lately, among them Pittsbugh's rebounding machine Blair.
- Our friend Jeremy at Bucksketball is taking a long look at PGs these days. For better or worse, Jonny Flynn bears more than a passing resemblance to former Buck T.J. Ford. He also takes a look at mid-major hopefuls Eric Maynor and Patty Mills.
- A long, narrow forward with the skills of a little guy, Austin Daye is probably the anti-Blair in terms of style, but he's equally intriguing. He mentions talking to the Bucks in this DX interview (h/t Bern). I doubt he ends up being the pick--the Bucks will probably be a bit too short-sighted to look for long-term potential this year--but Daye is the kind of guy who might move up a lot next year by staying in school. In other words, someone could get a steal in the mid-first if he doesn't go back to Gonzaga.
- Even if you don't agree with all of it, Ty's risk analysis of the top 15 prospects makes for great reading.
- I'm late on this, but Andrew Bogut's latest blog includes a spot he did on the Australian version of PTI.
- Charlie Bell is making the most of summer in Milwaukee: tailgating at Miller Park.
Monday Notes: Combine chatter, the Bucks love everyone, Andrew and Charlie's summer vacations
By Frank Madden
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.