Less than 48 hours until the NBA Draft, and it's still anyone's guess as to which direction the Bucks will be going on Thursday.
"I think he's going to be a better NBA shooter as his body matures and he gets used to the range and the distance. He's got a really mechanically sound jump shot and he elevates.
"He's got NBA written all over him as far as his size, his athletic ability. It's very rare you get a guy who is a good shooter and can generate his own shot. He's a guy who can get if off the dribble and get it in the mid-range, get it out on the floor and still have the same mechanics."
With good size, athleticism and perimeter shooting ability, both players look more than capable of developing into quality pros, but it's also worth being realistic about what kind of impact they might have at the next level. In that regard it's probably fitting that the soft-spoken Ross has compared his on-court abilities to those of J.R. Smith and Nick Young, solid NBA players who have struggled to hold down starting jobs in the NBA.
Odds & Ends
- Alex Kennedy of Hoops World tweets that the Bucks are looking to move into the top ten to acquire Henson, whom many now expect to land in Detroit (#9). Gery Woelfel suggested something similar yesterday, though the Henson lovefest over the past week could also be something of a smokescreen. Henson's game-changing defensive abilities and off-court polish have understandable appeals, but I'm still struggling to reconcile those positives with how similar he is (in both good and bad ways) to Ekpe Udoh and Larry Sanders. Let's not keep all three, OK?
- Gery Woelfel writes that it "isn't out of the realm of possibilities" that the Bucks could select Syracuse center Fab Melo if both Meyers Leonard and Tyler Zeller are off the board at 12. Let me just say this: I am not enthusiastic about this possibility.
- Over at Bucksketball, you can count Jeremy in as a fan of Lamb and Ross.
- Ryan Kartje has more on the Ross/Lamb visit at FS Wisconsin.
- In ESPN's mock draft featuring current players representing their teams, Brandon Jennings sounds excited about Jeremy Lamb. Also worth noting: Jennings picked Tiny Gallon 15th overall in the same mock draft two years ago. OK!
- Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix ranks Ersan Ilyasova #8 on his list of top free agents.