Top prospects John Henson and Tobias Harris turned some heads and represented the Milwaukee Bucks well during 2012 Las Vegas Summer League action, and both players earned All-Star recognition for their efforts, but how much stock should fans put into exhibition games littered with fringe NBA players, unrealistic matchups and odd usage tendencies? Even if you've been burned in the past and have become a Summer League agnostic over the years, it's still safe to say that great production and is always better to see than poor performance during the games in July.
Dan Sinclair did an excellent job summarizing the top storylines from Vegas earlier this week, so before I get to the contents of the latest podcast let's revisit the five conclusions Dan managed to develop: (1) Tobias Harris is ready for a larger role, (2) John Henson's offensive game might be more developed than we thought, (3) the young guys have skills, but playmaking probably isn't one of them, (4) Larry Sanders should be feeling some fire under his feet, but he's not obsolete just yet and (5) Doron Lamb can score even when he's not making his threes.
Frank and I decided to do a podcast recap of Summer League as well. John Hollinger of ESPN has a theory that watching Summer League can easily make all of us dumber, so we spent most of our time reigning in wild expectations and putting things into the proper perspective heading into the 2012-13 NBA season. Here is our latest audio analysis...
Listening Options - You can listen or subscribe on iTunes, click to listen to this episode or download this episode (right click and save) for your computer or smartphone, or you can just hit the flash player below:
If you want more analysis on Henson, Harris and other top performers from Summer League for the Bucks, be sure to check out our Summer League notes post series:
- Milwaukee Bucks Summer League Notes: Tobias Harris, Game 1 vs. Hornets
- Milwaukee Bucks Summer League Notes: Doron Lamb, Game 1 vs. Hornets
- Milwaukee Bucks Summer League Notes: John Henson, Game 2 Vs. Wizards
- Milwaukee Bucks Summer League Notes: Why Larry Sanders Is Failing To Impress
If you missed any of the five games the Bucks played in Las Vegas, check out our game recaps for each contest:
- Tobias Harris, Doron Lamb Impress In Bucks' Summer League Victory
- Wizards 78, Bucks 75: John Henson And Tobias Harris Impress
- Bucks 77, D-League Select 68: The Harris-Henson Show Provides An Encore
- Bucks 88, Celtics 87: Tobias Harris, John Henson And Larry Sanders Aim To Please
- Summer League 2012 | Bucks 113, Bulls 68: The Vegas Bucks Are Who We Thought They Were
Follow @brewhoop on Twitter | Like Brew Hoop on Facebook | Join and Start Posting Content