It's finally here! The 2016 NBA Draft begins at 6:00 (Central Time) tonight on ESPN, and there's a whole lot of uncertainty left in the air. A flurry of activity has already kicked up in the hours and days leading up to the main event, and there's sure to be more as the night unfolds.
We'll be updating this page throughout the night with big stories and Bucks updates, as well as tracking the first round of the draft. Just hit refresh to get the latest news!
BUCKS UPDATE: Milwaukee selects Thon Maker with 10th overall pick. John Hammond says the team really loves Maker, thinks he can be a versatile contributor in the mold of the Bucks' current core.
In case you missed anything, here's a recap of our Bucks Draft coverage so far:
- Greg Monroe is reportedly on the trading block, to the surprise of...few.
- Khris Middleton and Jabari Parker have reportedly gotten dragged into the Boston Celtics' rumor mill tornado, but Milwaukee has refused any trade overtures. Those two in addition to Giannis Antetokounmpo are rightfully being labeled as "untouchable" by the Bucks, a sign that the team is in no hurry to deal any of its core trio.
- Eric Nehm's Draft Day Primer is critical reading as fans orient themselves to this year's draft. Eric covers some of the prospects who have been linked to the team in numerous mock drafts and discusses what sort of impact this year's picks will have on next year's roster.
- Our Community Draft Board finished off its Top 10 a few days ago. Check it out to see how our readers rank the top players in this year's draft class.
- The Brew Hoop staff also conducted our own first-round mock complete with pick-by-pick analysis.
Trades and Rumors
- The Sporting News' Sean Deveney has the Bucks nabbing Jakob Pöltl.
- Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress pegs Deyonta Davis to go #10.
- ESPN's Chad Ford briefly switched his Bucks pick to Deyonta Davis this morning before reverting back to Washington freshman Dejounte Murray.
- The Knicks made the first big deal, acquiring Derrick Rose and sending Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant to Chicago.
- Indiana, Utah, and Atlanta got involved with trade centered around George Hill and Jeff Teague.
- The Pacers continued to add pieces for next year, swapping the #20 pick for the Nets' Thaddeus Young.
- The Celtics are keeping everybody on the edge with the #3 pick, which is still very much in play for a trade. The 76ers are reportedly trying very hard to get a hold of it.
- The Sacramento Kings, putting those Jedi mind tricks to good work, acquired the 22nd overall pick in exchange for Marco Belinelli.
- The Suns traded up from 13 to 8, sending Bogdan Bogdanovic to Sacramento.
- Oklahoma City shocked the league by sending Serge Ibaka to the Magic.
First-Round Draft Order
1. Philadelphia 76ers - Ben Simmons, LSU
2. Los Angeles Lakers - Brandon Ingram, Duke
3. Boston Celtics (from Nets) - Jaylen Brown, California
4. Phoenix Suns - Dragan Bender, International
5. Minnesota Timberwolves - Kris Dunn, Providence
6. New Orleans Pelicans - Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
7. Denver Nuggets (from Knicks) - Jamal Murray, Kentucky
8. Phoenix Suns (from Kings - Marquese Chriss, Washington
9. Toronto Raptors (from Nuggets via Knicks) - Jakob Pöltl, Utah
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Thon Maker, International
11. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Magic) - Domantas Sabonis, Gonzaga
12. Utah Jazz - Taurean Prince, Baylor
13. Sacramento Kings (from Wizards via Suns) - Georgios Papagiannis, International
14. Chicago Bulls - Denzel Valentine, Michigan State
15. Denver Nuggets (from Rockets) - Juan Hernangomez, International
16. Boston Celtics (from Mavericks) - Guerschon Yabusele, International
17. Memphis Grizzlies - Wade Baldwin, Vanderbilt
18. Detroit Pistons - Henry Ellenson, Marquette
19. Denver Nuggets (from Trail Blazers) - Malik Beasley, Florida State
20. Brooklyn Nets (from Pacers) - Caris LeVert, Michigan
21. Atlanta Hawks - DeAndre Bembry, St. Joseph's
22. Sacramento Kings (from Charlotte) - Malachi Richardson, Syracuse
23: Boston Celtics - Ante Zizic, International
24. Philadelphia 76ers (from Heat) - Timothe Lawawu, International
25. Los Angeles Clippers - Brice Johnson, North Carolina
26. Philadelphia 76ers (from Thunder via Nuggets, Cavaliers) - Furkan Korkmaz, International
27. Toronto Raptors - Pascal Siakam, New Mexico State
28. Sacramento Kings (from Kings via Celtics, Cavaliers) - Skal Labissiere, Kentucky
29. San Antonio Spurs - Dejounte Murray, Washington
30. Golden State Warriors - Damian Jones, Vanderbilt