It is an annual tradition like no other, and by annual I mean it hasn't happened in a number of years. I'm speaking, of course, about setting up a fantasy basketball league for all you degenerate readers out there who derive pleasure out of constructing fantastical sports teams.
In fact, I fancy myself something of a fantasy expert. I'll have you know I won my league two years ago and came in a very competitive second place last year on the back of James Harden’s MVP campaign. Since those results make me the de facto head of the Brew Hoop fantasy committee, I've decided to open up applications to join the 2018-2019 BH Fantasy League™.
What's more, you'll not only be facing off against myself, but also Brew Hoop’s very own Kyle Carr, Dakota Schmidt and Adam Paris. Win, and be remembered fondly among your online peers for having somehow selected a winning team in a randomized snake draft. Lose, and move forward with your life without serious affect.
Here are the ground rules:
- The league will feature 12 teams (which means there are eight open slots)
- Competition will be based on weekly head-to-head with points allocated among the following categories: FG%, FT%, 3PT made, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, rebounds, turnovers
- Weekly match-ups will be “nine-win” instead of “one-win” (i.e. each statistical category you win in a H2H gives you a “win” instead of awarding one “win” to whoever gets more categories)
- Rosters will be maxed at 13 players with lineups including a starting PG, SG, G (of either type), SF, PF, F (of either type), two Cs, and two utility players
- A randomized order snake draft is set for next Monday, October 15th, at 7:00 PM (Central)
- We will be utilizing ESPN’s platform thanks to ease of use
- I've never taken part in a league with trades, so I will allow them with league manager ability to veto if the trade is deemed either monopolistic or uncompetitive in nature
So, does all of that sound enticing to you? If you’ve been nodding “yes” vigorously the entirety of this post, what are you waiting for? Follow this link and sign up for the league!
If you have interest in taking part, suggestions on what direction the league should go in, or questions, please go ahead and throw your hat in the ring below in the comments.
But, for now, put your draft caps on, google all the Rotowire updates you'd need on players you have interest in, and happy fantasy basketballing!