The Milwaukee Bucks demolished the visiting Minnesota Timberwolves 143-121 in their final dress rehearsal before the regular season opener in Charlotte, North Carolina versus the Hornets on Wednesday.
- Bucks combo guard Malcolm Brogdon is playing freely offensively, and is reaping the benefits of Mike Budenholzer’s offensive system. In 24 minutes, the President sank 4-5 shots including 3-4 three pointers to finish with 13 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 dimes. It’s no secret that Brogdon is an integral part of Milwaukee’s offense, and this preseason he’s showed that his second season was indeed no fluke. Although those stats might not jump off the screen, Malcolm’s approach to his game this preseason looks completely revitalized. Sometimes all a player needs is a real head coach, who would’ve thunk it!
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is not human. Stop me if you’ve heard that before. In 25 minutes of play, the Greek Freak amounted a ridiculous triple-double of 32 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block. Not to mention, he dunked Gorgui Dieng into last week and let him know about it.
Giannis’ performance this preseason in three games has been absolutely astonishing to watch. It is evidently clear that he’s gunning for the coveted MVP trophy this season. I try not to get worked up about preseason shenanigans, but it’s hard not too when you watch Giannis and the Bucks under head coach Mike Budenholzer. I mean, how do you guard someone who can make this look so routine?
3. Christian Wood has forced himself on to the Bucks final roster with his performance this season. He chipped in another strong performance versus Minnesota, racking up 19 points (7-9 FG) to go along with 7 boards in 16 minutes of play. More importantly, Wood knocked down 2-3 shots from long range. A lot of Bucks fans were intrigued when the Bucks inked him to a training camp deal, and we are seeing why. It’s hard to ignore how well he’s played this preseason, and he could be another diamond in the rough for Milwaukee this season.
If Christian Wood doesn’t make the roster WE RIOT IN THE STREETS https://t.co/SpzGLipO5u— Frank (@fmaddenNBA) October 13, 2018
You heard the man!
Bonus Bucks Bits
- The Milwaukee Bucks hoisted up 48 threes, and made 25 of them (52.1%) versus Minnesota. Every member of the Bucks, minus Matthew Dellavedova and Tim Frazier got in on the action from deep. The Milwaukee Bucks are hoisting up three’s like the Houston Rockets, and it is very encouraging to see. The Bucks have shown tremendous camaraderie this preseason, and it’s led to a bevy of open looks from downtown so far. This is quite the difference from last season, to say the least.
- D.J. Wilson continues to sit out with a right hamstring injury, and it wouldn’t be surprising if his roster spot was in jeopardy. He hasn’t shown anything this preseason, and while there’s still time to right the ship, the clock is ticking on his future in Milwaukee.
- “Planet” Pat Connaughton is a thing. He continued his impressive preseason performance with 9 points and 3-5 shooting from three in 11 minutes. Although he finished minus-11, he’s proved that he can come off the bench for the Bucks and be a serviceable threat from three point range. The Bucks need all the floor spacing they can get, and Pat has definitely provided that so far. Not to mention, he’s one of Milwaukee’s most athletic players.