The Milwaukee Bucks took it to the visiting Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday night en route to a 143-100 shellacking at the Fiserv Forum. Even though the Blazers were on the end of a back-to-back, it was an impressive victory nonetheless. This game was over at halftime. Here are three Bucks who stood out in the bludgeoning of the Trail Blazers.
Giannis Antetokoumpo was in sicko mode.
The Greek Freak finished with 33 points, 16 rebounds, 9 assists and 3 steals on 13-of-20 shooting in 30 minutes of play. He truly was doing it all last night against the Blazers whether it be dominating in the paint, or hitting Kobe-like fadeaway jump shots at the buzzer. This was a true “Giannis” performance, and it’s crazy to think what his stat line would have been if this game was closer. He was uber aggressive from the opening tip, and he really helped set the tone on both ends of the floor against Portland. A key takeaway from his performance however, was the birth of the “Giannis stare down.” Giannis, that man has a family!
Giannis death stares Harkless. Sometimes all you can do is laugh. pic.twitter.com/JcTwBPFkz6— De’Wobbin Fox (@WorldWideWob) November 22, 2018
Since John Henson went down with a wrist injury, that has thrust Maker right into the fire. In a tough matchup against the Portland Trail Blazers, he held his own very well. He finished with 11 points, 8 rebounds and one block in 21 minutes. Thon also canned 3-of-7 3-pointers on Wednesday night. Even though this game was in garbage time early, it was awesome to see Maker still have the confidence to let it fly offensively. His ability to stretch the floor for the Bucks will be huge for the Bucks the next 2-3 months with Henson out. He also finished plus-12 on the night and his teammates continued to show trust in him on both ends of the floor. Are we seeing #ThonUnleashed happen right before our very eyes???
Eric Bledsoe continues to play elite basketball on both ends.
He finished with 16 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists in 24 turnover-less minutes of play. He put the clamps on Blazers stud point guard Damian Lillard in Portland earlier this month, and last night was no different. Even though Lillard finished with 22 points, 11 of those points came from the free throw line. Bledsoe also held him to 5-of-12 shooting in 31 minutes while Lillard finished minus-25. E-Bled has really blossomed on both ends of the floor under head coach Mike Budenholzer, and the Milwaukee Bucks have been reaping the benefits. He looks like a completely new player out there. He also finished plus-16. Well done, well done indeed.
Bonus Bucks Bits
- Every member of the Bucks, minus Ersan Ilyasova, finished with a positive plus/minus, which is absurd.
- CHRISTIAN WOOD!! He finished with 11 points and 5 rebounds in 11 minutes. Look at Giannis’ reaction to this poster slam.
- Khris Middleton scored an efficient 21 points on 7-of-12 shooting in 25 minutes. He also stuffed the box score, adding 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. He finished plus-26. He’s good at basketball.
- Malcolm Brogdon chipped in 16 points of his own while finishing plus-29 in 24 minutes of play. He finished plus-29.
- The Milwaukee Bucks shot 52.8% from the field and only hit 15-of-45 three-pointers (33.3%). They still won by 43.
- Although he only scored three points in 20 minutes, Brook Lopez finished a team-best plus-34.
- The Bucks beat the 2 seed in the West by 43 points. Yeah, the Bucks are legit.