Welcome to the Brew Hoop Night Shift. Every evening at 9:00pm (central time), this all-purpose thread goes up, and the comments section is where it’s going down. What Bucks news did we not cover? What topics do you want to break down further? Or is there something non-Bucks that you want to bounce off of one another? Even something non-basketball? This is the place.
Tonight’s (on) topic: NBA Playoff Predictions
The field is set for this year’s postseason so let’s make some guesses at how each match-up will go. We’ll start in the top left hand corner and work our way down and over to the bottom left hand corner.
(8) Minnesota Timberwolves @ (1) Houston Rockets - Rockets in 5
(5) Utah Jazz @ (4) Oklahoma City Thunder - Thunder in 7
(6) New Orleans Pelicans @ (3) Portland Trailblazers - Trailblazers in 6
(7) San Antonio Spurs @ (2) Golden State Warriors - Warriors in 5
(8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Toronto Raptors - Raptors in 6
(5) Indiana Pacers @ (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavaliers in 6
(6) Miami Heat @ (3) Philadelphia 76ers - 76ers in 5
(7) Milwaukee Bucks @ (2) Boston Celtics - Celtics in 7 (never trust the Bucks)
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder @ (1) Houston Rockets - Rockets in 6
(3) Portland Trailblazers @ (2) Golden State Warriors - Warriors in 7
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers @ (1) Toronto Raptors - Raptors in 7
(3) Philadelphia 76ers @ (2) Boston Celtics - 76ers in 5
(2) Golden State Warriors @ (1) Houston Rockets - Warriors in 6
(3) Philadelphia 76ers @ (1) Toronto Raptors - Raptors in 6
(2) Golden State Warriors @ (1) Toronto Raptors - Warriors in 6
Tonight’s (off) topic: Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions
My hockey loyalties lie in two teams on opposite ends of the country. The Anaheim
Mighty Ducks and the New Jersey Devils. So after following exactly zero minutes of hockey this year, I will be pulling hard for my two teams to meet in the Stanley Cup Final and have the Ducks taking home the Cup.
As a general rule, non-basketball topics are permitted in an open thread, provided that they follow the SB Nation Community Guidelines.