And so our pod has ended...for the 2018-19 season, at least. The Milwaukee Bucks officially turned the page on this past season with exit interviews, and we convened for one final discussion of the year that was.
After a few days of reflection, we peek back at the Bucks crushing collapse from a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals. We mostly avoid free agency questions for now, but look for that on a later pod. Here is a breakdown of what we cover:
- Was this more of an offensive or a defensive failure for Milwaukee?
- The individual matchups of Kawhi Leonard versus Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Complementary player performances and the Bucks depth railing them at this critical juncture
- Eric Bledsoe’s second straight poor playoff performance
- How this affects the franchise’s free agency outlook and our feelings on the team going forward (*cough* Breakout Donte year *cough*))
- Our favorite memories from this past season
All in all, despite the heartbreak at the end, this was one heck of a season for us to start podcasting about. I can’t thank everyone enough for their loyal listenership throughout this season, as well as your helpful feedback along the way. Believe me when I say we talk about ways to improve the podcast quite a bit, and hopefully have some ideas to help differentiate it going forward into next year. Feel free to leave your feedback in the comments too.
I also totally blanked on shouting out Brian (sorry!) at the end, who has been doing spectacular film breakdown work for us all year and will continue to host his Bucks Film Room podcast on a weekly basis this summer on Thursdays. As for our show, we’re likely going back to a bi- or tri-weekly schedule. Look for our next show closer to the draft, and plenty of calls for mailbag questions over the summer. Thanks again for listening.